In the past few years, there has been a surge of businesses that offer services and support to their customers 24/7/365, and this goes without mentioning brick and mortar retail and food giants like Walmart & McDonald’s respectively, with stores that maintain open operations for customers all day, every day. Have you been tempted to throw the 24/7 offer on your site or contract, but don’t know how to pull it off? It’s more feasible than you think!
Though many businesses employ or operate call-centers across the world to compensate for the time-difference as well as to keep costs low, our solution is much more sustainable, cost-effective, and doesn’t affect any human’s sleep schedule: intelligent process automation.
Regardless of what industry your business falls under, chances are, most of the following activities or tasks are completed on a daily (or weekly) basis in order to keep things running:
- Billing/accounts receivable: to customers for new orders or reminders for past-due accounts.
- Marketing: whether direct, digital, or inbound, marketing should be working 24/7 –
- E-mails: newsletters, sale announcements, subscription offers, new product/service offering, etc.
- Social Media: creating or curating a sound social media calendar across all platforms as well as having a dedicated person or team (depending on the size of the following) to respond to comments or DMs from customers or prospects
- SEO: if your internet strategy is settled you should be receiving and evaluating regular reports and making changes as needed.
- Account/Order status/Service reservation: customers are expecting to access this information whenever, wherever.
- Customer service queries: for customers interested in product information they can’t access/find online, exchanges, returns or refunds, or account cancellations.
- Contact with vendors: keeping the ecosystem that makes the company run in the loop of all current and future needs.
- Accounts/payable: overhead, external services, freelancers, contractors, etc.
- HR: recruiting, promotions, salary negotiations, raises, employee complaints, risk management, compliance, etc.
Looking at all of these aspects or departments for your company, are you ready to transition the above and more into functionalities that can be accessed and used by customers or employees 24/7? Believe it or not, most of these can be considered rules-based tasks, which basically means that through programming, the system creates a task that follows a specific set of rules which are locked in to run a process with almost no need for human intervention once it has been set up.
If you don’t think you need this, think again. Thanks to the market trendsetters that did it first, almost every business is now held to the standard of around-the clock customer service, but it’s early enough in the adoption process that if you actually have the offering of 24/7 support, it’s a key differentiator and will set you apart from the competition. It’s a huge asset for the organization, as it shows the customer you’re willing to be there for them on-demand. This also actually increases the return on investment (ROI) for the technology, because with the level of customer loyalty and accessibility to your business, it’s more likely that your business will grow and you will hit your sales and profit targets earlier than expected.
24/7 readiness doesn’t need to be scary, with the right technology and team to create a holistic experience your customers can enjoy and that will ultimately enhance your brand. You have a greater chance of success with around-the-clock support, than without. Having a fully functional digital company and growing it with a virtual workforce is the way to show your customers that you’re committed to their satisfaction.
If you’d like an assessment on your company’s technological readiness to offer all-day, all-night support, contact us!